Oodles of Noodles: The Conclusion
Greetings Lovelies! I have been remiss in this getting this final recipe to you, and for that I deeply apologize. A lot has been going on in my world, that isn’t particularly fun. But I’m back with our third and final pasta salad recipe.
This pasta salad was the least favorite of the bunch. While I thoroughly enjoyed this creamy pasta salad, it was up against my mother’s infamous and very coveted potato salad. So that’s my reasoning for it being the one that came in “last” place.
With this one, there is a ton of chopping involved but the payoff is a very texturally diverse salad that is a great accompaniment to any grilled meat meal.
Anyone who truly knows me, knows I’m not a fan of mayo. Only in very specific circumstances and in very small amounts. The only exception to my “mayo rule” is my mom’s potato salad. Don’t worry, that recipe (or at least the closest I can get) is coming up soon. In this salad we will use a small amount of mayo and “lighten” it up by using an equal amount of Greek Yogurt. Had I been thinking ahead and not in party planning mode, I probably would have opt for using a combo of Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream. But alas, all I had access to was mayo (leftover from the infamous potato salad) and my parent’s house (surprisingly) didn’t have any sour cream hanging out in the fridge.
So here we go lovely readers, the last of the Oodles of Noodles series. I’m also still not sorry I came up with that name. Alliteration makes the world go ‘round!
- 1 lb. box Macaroni
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 lb. Pepper or Monterey jack cheese, cubed
For the dressing:
- 1/2c. Mayo
- 1/2c. Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 tsp. honey or white sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, strain and run under cold water to cool pasta.
- Dice up celery, bell pepper, carrot and cheese.
- Add cooled macaroni, celery, bell pepper, carrots and cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing into a separate small bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add dressing to macaroni mixture and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!