SANGRIA! Here is part II of the Summer Sangria’s. Refreshing, sweet, and easy to drink; these recipes are definitely ones to keep in your arsenal. Whether you’re having friends over for dinner or just the girls over for drinks, these sangria recipes are sure to please.
Here are some tips when making summer sangria's:
- Cut any non-citrus fruits in small bite-sized-drinkable chunks
- Slice any citrus fruits in rounds or half-moon shapes
- When it comes to the wine itself, the cheaper the better
- Any additional liquors should enhance, not be the star
- Frozen fruits will act as ice for the sangria, but are definitely interchangeable with fresh.
- Letting the sangria sit overnight allows maximum flavor melding, but mixing and drinking is fine too.
- Anything goes! Mix and match your flavors to your heart’s content.
- I bottle red wine
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 orange sliced
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 cans lemon lime soda
Raspberry Limeade Sangria
- I can frozen limeade, thawed
- I qt fresh raspberries
- 1 lime sliced
- 1-2 cups raspberry vodka
- I bottle white wine (pinot grigio, chardonnay, moscato)
Directions for Mixing
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher; stir
- Allow flavors to meld for 2 hours or up to overnight
- Serve chilled or over ice
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed the recipes provided in this series. Stay tuned for my next summer sippin' series on punches coming soon! Like Sangria, summer punches are perfect for outdoor gatherings with friends and family, take little to no prep time, and are easy on the wallet.